In this How-To, you will learn how to create a sales item with variants.
There are sales items that are available in different versions such as a pair of shoes that come in sizes 36 to 44, or a dress that comes in red, green and blue and in sizes S, M, L and XL. You do not have to enter these sales items several times in enfore POS. Instead, you can create them as "sales item with variants".
If you are not sure whether your sales item is a sales item with variants, look again at the explanations in the overview.
In the following example, we create an espresso.
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Items.
- Tap on [+] in the upper right corner.
- Tap on [Sales Item with Variants]. ⮕ The Define Type of Sales Items window opens.
- Tap on [Build to Order].
In this example, we decide to create a Build to Order sales item. The process for an inventory sales item differs only when selecting the type of sales item and is otherwise identical.
- In the Identity step, provide the appropriate information:
- Name (mandatory field): you are free to choose the name of the sales item.
- Article ID (optional): you can freely assign an article number for internal identification. If you want to look for it at the cash register, you can’t use letters, only numbers.
- EAN (optional): add the article identification number (EAN) of your sales item here.
- [+ Assembly locations] (optional): if you have created several assembly locations (e.g. kitchen and bar), you can specify here where the sales item should be assembled.
⮕ The window expands to include the Assembly locations field. Then select the desired assembly location(s).
- Tap on [Next].
- In the Sale step, provide the appropriate information:
- Sales Unit: specify in which unit the item is sold. By default, pc is selected for number/piece. After tapping pc, more units are available.
- Sales Price/Unit: if all variants in which the sales item is available have the same price, enter the selling price for one unit here. If the variants are to have different prices, leave the value open at this point.
- Tap on the displayed tax rate to specify whether the price is gross and which tax rate should be applied to the sales item.
- Sales Category: you can create a new sales category here or select one that has already been created.
It makes sense to determine a sales category at this point. This input can help you to make the display at the cash register clearer. You can find more info here.
If you don't want to assign a sales category at this point, you still have the possibility to do it later.
- Tap on [Next].
- Fill in the fields in the Sales Channels step:
- Sales Type: indicate how the sales item is available: over the counter, pickup and/or delivery (multiple entries possible).
- Sales Channels: if you have multiple locations, you can indicate here at which locations the sales item is available.
- Available for sale: this option is enabled by default. To disable, tap the green checkmark once.
- Tap on [Create]. ⮕ You have created the sales item.
The sales item does not have any variants yet. To add variants to your sales item, the next step is to create features for the variant definition. The values you add to these features correspond to the variants of your sales item. After that, you need to set the prices of each variant to be able to sell the variants.