Coupons are popular marketing tools used to win new customers or to bring customers back into the shop who haven't made a purchase for a while. With such a voucher, customers receive a one-time discount on an item or purchase, for example.
The following steps will show you how to create a coupon that will give customers a 10% discount on an order/purchase of €50 or more:
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Promotions.
- Switch to the Coupons overview.
- To create a new coupon, tap on [+].
- Choose what you want the coupon to be valid for.
- Sales Item: Coupon valid only for a specific sales item
- Sales Category: Coupon valid for all items in one sale category
- Sales Item with tag: Coupon valid only for sales items with a certain tag
- Basket: Coupon valid for the entire basket
In our example, we choose Basket because we want to apply a percentage discount to the basket.
- Choose what type of coupon you want to create.
Since the customer in the example should receive 5% discount on a purchase of 20 euros or more, we choose Basket Amount based % Discount.
- Provide the following information:
- Name for the coupon: Add a name to the coupon.
- Coupon Target: You can't edit this field because you are giving a discount on the entire basket.
- Required Basket Amount: Enter the required amount in the basket from which the coupon will be applied.
- Discount: Specify the percentage discount you want to give.
- Expires: Specify when you want the coupon to expire.
- Availability: Specify the time periods for availability.
- No customer required to redeem: Enable this option if no customer is required for the issue or redemption.
- Can be issued multiple times per customer: Activate this option if the coupon can be issued multiple times per customer.
- Optionally restrict the coupon by tapping [+ Limitation].
Here, you can limit the sales channel, the customer, the tags as well as the redemption period.
- When you are done with all your entries, tap on [Next].
- Optionally add images or descriptions.
- Tap on [Complete].
- Tap [Activate] or [Schedule] (if the promotion period is in the future) to save the coupon and activate it directly if necessary.