If you want to serve dishes to your guests by courses and assign the dishes to the guests, you can work with seats and courses in enforePOS. In this How-To, we will show you how to do it.
In this example, you have 3 guests who order drinks and one main course each. Guest 3 would like to eat an appetizer as a main course.
Activate the Use Seats and Use Courses options
- In the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Settings.
- Activate the Use Seats and Use Courses options in the Gastro section. When the Use Seats and Use Courses options are enabled, they are displayed at the top of the cash register (seats on the right, courses on the left).
Order Drinks Immediately
If your guests want to order drinks before the first course, you can use the icon (Expedite).
- Tap on in the upper left corner where the courses are displayed and enter the order.
In the cash register, the ordered drinks are listed as Expedite. In our example, an assignment to the seats is not necessary, because all 3 guests drink the same.
- Tap on [Take Order].
If you have set in enforePOS that drinks are prepared at an assembly location (e.g. at the bar), the assembly slip or the line item slip will be printed at this assembly location. You can find out about the settings you need to make for this in the How-To Print Line Item Slip.
Assign Orders to Courses and Seats
To assign orders to courses and seats, select the appropriate icon for each guest and course and enter the orders: at the top left ... for the courses and at the top right ... for the seats.
In the cash register, orders are grouped by courses and sorted by seats.
- To take the first guest's order for the first course, tap on for course 1 at the top left and on for seat 1 at the top right.
- To take the second guest's order for the first course, tap on for course 1 at the top left and on for seat 2 at the top right.
- Use the Special Instructions function if you want to note, as in the example, that Guest 3 would like to eat an appetizer as a main course.
To do this, swipe from right to left on the corresponding dish to open the function menu and tap on .
- Tap on [Take Order] after you have entered the order.
It doesn't matter in which order you take the orders. You can ask the guests in turn what they want or ask by courses. If you have marked the courses and seats, enforePOS will sort the orders by courses and seats.