Your customers place an order by phone and want to either pick up the goods later or have them sent by mail? Or your customers want to buy an item from your store that is not yet in stock and you have to order it first? For this, you have the possibility in enforePOS to create sales orders and then write invoices. In this How-To, we'll show you how to do it.
- In the POS menu, open Sales > Invoicing.
- Tap on .
- Tap on Sales Order.⮕ The Create Sales Order window opens.
Enter Customer Data and Order Details
To enter the customer data and order details, proceed as follows:
- Tap on [Enter Customer Info].
- If you already have the customer in your file, type the first letters of the name, and then select the appropriate entry from the list.
- If it is a new customer, enter the full name and tap on [Create New Customer].
- Select whether the new customer should be created as a private or corporate customer. In our example we choose Private Customer.
- Enter the customer's phone number, email address and address.
- Tap on [Create Customer].
- Enter the following information about the sales order:
- Order Date: Use this field to specify which order date should appear on the invoice. By default, the current date is displayed. If the order date is in the past, you can select the corresponding date.
- Sales Channel: In this field, specify the sales channel (i.e. the location) through which the goods will be sold.
- Responsible: Use this field to specify who is responsible for invoicing. By default, the person currently logged in is selected. Tap in the field to select another staff member.
- Via: In this field, specify how the customer placed the order. You can choose from: Walk-in, Letter, Fax, Phone, Email and Online.
- Show net prices on invoice: Enable this option if the customer is e.g. a B2B business and needs a net invoice.
- Tap on to save your entries.
Add Sales Items and Set Invoicing Terms
Add Sales Items
To add sales items to the sales order, proceed as follows:
- Tap on + Add Line Item to add sales items to the sales order.
- Enter the first letters of the sales item. Then you can select the sales item you are looking for from the list.
- Tap on the sales item to increase its quantity. In our example, it is the sales item "Excelsa Coffee Beans".
- Enter the desired quantity.
- Tap on [Complete] to confirm the input.
- If the customer wants to order more sales items, repeat steps 1 - 5.
Set Invoicing Terms
To set the invoicing terms for the sales order, proceed as follows:
- Tap on the Invoice address field. If the Invoice address field is light gray and no street name is displayed, no invoice address has been entered yet.
- Tap on [+ Add Invoice Address].
If an invoice address already exists, the Invoice address field is automatically filled in.⮕ The Create Invoice Address window opens.
- Enter the invoice address of the customer.
- Tap on .
- Tap on the Invoice address field.
- Select the invoice address of the customer.
- If the Delivery address field is light gray and no street name is visible, there is no delivery address entered yet. Tap on the Delivery address field.
If a delivery address already exists, the Delivery address field is automatically filled in.⮕ The created invoice address is suggested as the delivery address.
- If you want to use the invoice address as the delivery address, tap on the displayed address and then proceed to step 14.
- If you want to use a different delivery address, tap on [+ Add Delivery Address]. Otherwise, continue with step 14.⮕ The Create Delivery Address window opens.
- Enter a delivery address.
- Confirm with .
- Tap on the Delivery address field.
- Select the delivery address.
- Tap on the Payment Terms field to set the payment terms.
- Make your choice. In our example we choose Due 14 days net.
⮕ You have entered all information on the sales order.
If you want to save the sales order first without creating it yet, tap on [Save Draft].
- Tap on [Create Sales Order] to create the order.⮕ You have successfully created a sales order.