Restaurants usually work with different assembly locations: Drink orders are sent to the bar or counter, while the preparation of dishes takes place in the kitchen. In this How-To, we will show you how to store these assembly locations in enforePOS, so that you and all staff members can keep track of when an order is received for the respective assembly location.
Once assembly locations have been created, they cannot be deleted.
Follow these steps to create an assembly location:
- Open Order Management > Order Settings in the POS menu.
- Tap on the overview of Assembly Locations. The left column shows you the assembly locations that have already been created.
- Tap the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the POS location where you want to add an assembly location. In our example we choose Steaming Cups.
- Tap[+] to create a new assembly location. ⮕ The Configure Assembly Locations window opens.
- Set the following settings:
- Name: In the Add name... field, enter the name for your assembly location.
- POS Location: Choose at which POS location you want to create this assembly location.
- Storage Locations: Select here the storage location for your assembly location.
- Tap on to save the entries. ⮕ You have successfully created your new assembly location. It is listed in the left column.
Once you have created Build to Order sales items, you can edit them later and specify which assembly location they will be prepared at.
How to link Build to Order sales items to assembly locations is explained here.