Learn how to reassign tables to other staff members in this How-To.
- You have assigned tables to your staff members
- For staff members who want to take over tables from other staff members, the user right Resource and Order Assignments is activated under Business Account > User Access Rights in the Sales tab
- Staff members have their own accounts
- Open your floor plan by tapping on the order switcher.
- Switch to the Floor Plan overview.
In the example, the floor plan is active in the morning. Staff member Zoe is assigned tables in the large hall and on the terrace. In the floor plan, the assigned tables are highlighted in white.
By tapping on a table (white), the staff member can take orders.
Tables with current orders are highlighted in blue in the floor plan.
The tables highlighted in gray are not available for this staff member because they are assigned to another staff member (table 1 in the example). When you tap on this table, the notification Permission required will be displayed, because the staff member Zoe is not authorized to take over a table that is not assigned to her. Staff members Jennifer Miller and Jenny Parker have the permission to share this table with staff member Christian Hansen.
One-time table release by shift supervisor (authorized staff members)
- Tap on one of the eligible staff members.
⮕ The window with the PIN or password query opens.
- The authorized staff member now enters their PIN or password.
- Tap on [Confirm] or [Login].⮕ The table is now released for staff member Zoe.
More orders can be accepted.
As soon as this table is closed or another table is opened, only the originally assigned staff member can access this table again.
For example, if staff member Zoe is not feeling well and cannot finish the shift, he or the shift supervisor must hand over the assigned tables to another staff member. Additional settings can be made, provided that the floor plan settings allow this. To reassign a table, proceed as follows:
- Switch from the Floor Plan view to the Orders view.
⮕ The active orders of the assigned staff member are listed in the My tab.⮕ The Others tab lists the active orders of all other staff members.
In our example, table 1 is handed over from Zoe to Kristen.
- Swipe from right to left over the list entry Table 5.
- Tap .⮕ The Reassign Order window opens.
- If you want to transfer the revenue, activate the Transfer Revenue option.
- Tap on the staff member to whom you want to assign the order.
- Tap [Assign].
⮕ Table 1 has now been assigned to the new staff member. The staff member Zoe has no more access to the active orders of table 1. The revenues from this table are now recorded for the new staff member.