Even though enforePOS has much more to offer, the cash register is one of the most important parts of your enfore device. Do you want to find out how to operate the cash register and which cash register functions your enfore device has to offer? You will discover all of this in this How-To.
- You have activated the cash register function in enforePOS
- You have already created sales items
Cash Register view
You can access the cash register view by tapping Sales > Register in the POS menu.
⮕ The cash register view is displayed.
In the area on the left, enforePOS displays your sales items. How your sales items are displayed in the cash register depends on the cash register layout you have set. You can learn more about the cash register layouts here.
The basket is on the right.
Add Sales Items to the Basket
Tap on a sales item to add it to the basket.
In this example it is the cheesecake.
Open function menu in cash register
Once you are in the Sales section, the cash register will be displayed on the right side of the screen. The cash register displays the sales items that are in the basket and can be checked out.
The function menu can vary in the characteristics of the functions. This depends on whether there are already sales items in the basket or whether, for example, a collective invoice has been created, etc.
- Swipe from right to left with your finger.
⮕ The function menu opens.
- Tap one of the icons if you want to open a new order, view the invoice history, view a partial or collective invoice and print or cancel the order. You can learn more about the payment process here.
- Tap outside the area to hide the function menu again.
Open function menu on individual sales items
You can also open the function menu on individual sales items in the cash register.
- On the right edge of an item, swipe from right to left with your finger to open the function menu.
- Tap one of the icons if you want to, for example, note special requests for the order, assign the order to a staff member, set the sales type for the item, or delete / cancel an item directly.
You can cancel an order only and only if you have already taken the order.
- Tap outside the area to close the menu again.
Open additional menu in the cash register
In the cash register, you can add new sales items or access vouchers without having to go to Sales > Sales Items in the POS menu.
- Tap in the lower area on . ⮕ Three options for further action are suggested.
- Tap to create the sales item using manual inputs.
⮕ The Create new Sales Item dialog box opens.
- Tap to access available promotions/coupons.
⮕ The Available Coupons window opens.
- Tap to close the menu.
- Tap to create a new sales item using the barcode scanner.
The prerequisite for this is that the sales item has an EAN barcode. You can connect a hand scanner to the enforeDasher or enter the EAN barcode by hand.
You can manually and individually specify in the cash register what quantity, items, etc. you want to sell.
Tap to show the numeric keypad and perform manual input. You can enter the quantity, price, items, vouchers and loyalty cards individually.
You accidentally added a sales item to the cash register? No problem, with the negative line item you can undo this and add a negative amount to the same sales item. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Tap on to post a negative line item.
- Tap on the sales item you want to add the negative amount to.
Lock your cash register whenever you don't operate it. Locking a cash register is especially useful when the cash register is not currently in use and needs to be protected from access by third parties.
- To lock your cash register, tap on . ⮕ The lock screen is displayed.
- Tap on to unlock the cash register again.
If set up, a password or PIN prompt will occur to unlock the cash register.
Switching between the owner account and the respective staff member accounts is also very quick:
- Tap on the user name to switch between logged-in users. ⮕ The Select Staff Member window opens.
- Tap the username you want to switch to.