In this How-To you will learn how to use the barcode or the article identification number (EAN) to quickly create a sales item. enforePOS accesses databases on the Internet and downloads the sales item information. The sales item is created as an inventory sales item without options/variants. In the How-To Differentiation of Sales Items - Overview, you can read the difference between sales items with or without options/variants.
There are 2 ways to capture the sales item:
- You can manually enter the number that is under the barcode.
- You can scan the barcode with a barcode scanner. You can find compatible barcode scanners in the enfore store. To learn how to connect a barcode scanner to the enforeDasher, see the How-To Install Barcode Scanner.
If you work with dynamic cash register layouts, enter a sales category for the sales items right away and it will be displayed in your cash register immediately.
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Items.
- Tap in the upper right corner on .
- If you want to enter the number manually, tap on the Add Barcode input field.
- Enter the number and tap on .
If you use a barcode scanner, you don't have to enter anything in the window. Simply scan the barcode of the sales item.⮕ In both cases, the information on the sales item is loaded and the window with the sales item information opens.
- Tap on to edit the name. ⮕ The Edit identity window opens.
- Enter the following data:
- Brand: Enter the brand name for your sales item here.
- Manufacturer: Enter the manufacturer name for your sales item here.
- Item number: Enter the item number of the sales item.
All other fields are already filled in automatically.
- Tap on [Confirm] to save the changes.
- To enter a price, tap in the Add price/unit input field in the sales item information window.
- Tap on [Create Sales Item] to save the sales item in your cash register.
In the Info tab, you will find the sales item descriptions available on the Internet.
- Tap in the input field to change the description. You can find what are the additional information that you can enter for a sales item in the How-To Create Sales Items without options/variants.