You just arrived at work and want to get started right away? In this How-To, you will learn how to start and end your shift so your time tracking and staff members reports are always up-to-date.
- You have a staff member account
There are various situations in which it makes sense to work with shifts:
- Staff members have been assigned cash containers, and they manage cash
- Sales reports for each staff members should be generated without them managing cash in their own cash containers. For this, each sale at the cash register must be assigned to a staff member
- You want to use the time tracking
- Log in to enforePOS with your account.
- To start your shift, bring up the POS menu by swiping your finger from the left edge of the screen to the right.
- Tap your name under My Account. ⮕ The My Account window opens.
- Tap on [Start shift]. ⮕ Your shift has been started.
If you use the time tracking, you will see an overview of your working hours and breaks in the My Account window, and you can also pause your shift here. If you do not use time tracking, you can only end your shift.
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Accounting.
⮕ The window for the current shift opens.
- Select [End Shift]. ⮕ Your shift is over. If you manage your cash at the staff member, the Count cash window opens.
⮕ The expected amount is displayed.
- Enter the respective number of coins and notes.
- Tap on [Complete]. ⮕ You have counted your cash and successfully completed your shift.
In this window, you have the possibility to perform a cash withdrawal. For information on how to withdraw cash at the end of the shift, see the How-To Cash withdrawal at the end of the day or shift.