In this How-To you will learn how to set up your Epson TM-P80. To add and use the Epson TM-P80 Receipt Printer in enforePOS, you need to register the printer in your network. In the first part of this How-To you will learn which network settings are necessary. In the second part, you set up the Receipt Printer in the Epson User Interface. After the setup, you can add the Receipt Printer in enforePOS.
- You have the Epson TM-P80 with an inserted receipt roll
- You have downloaded the "Epson TM Utility" app on your mobile phone, tablet or computer
- You have a Wi-Fi connection
- Open up information about the printer's own Wi-Fi network
- Open up Wi-Fi settings on the mobile phone or tablet
- Connecting the printer to the enforeDasher or enforeComet
- Connecting the printer to the enforeDonner
Open up information about the printer's own Wi-Fi network
The menu of the TM-P80 Receipt Printer is operated with the (On) and (Paper Feed) buttons. The Receipt Printer prints the information for the next step.
- Turn off the Receipt Printer.
- Press and hold the buttons and simultaneously in this order until the printer turns on.
- Release the button and hold down until the printer prints the device information.
Print out the Mode Selection
► To access the Receipt Printer menu, press the button for more than 1 second.
The Receipt Printer prints the settings of the device menu Mode Selection.
Print Wireless Module Setup
- At 4: To open Wireless Module Setup, press the button 4 times shortly and once long.
⮕ The printer prints the Wireless Module Setup menu settings.
- At 1: To press open Initialize, press the button once shortly and once long.
⮕ The Receipt Printer resets the saved Wi-Fi settings and starts the internal access point to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings.
Open up Wi-Fi settings on the mobile phone or tablet
The next steps for setting up the TM-P80 are carried out on your mobile phone or tablet.
- To do this, open the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile phone.
- In the Wi-Fi menu, select your Epson printer, which is identical to the printed SSID.
- In the Password window, enter the password (passphrase) from the SimpleAP Start expression.
⮕ The Receipt Printer prints SimpleAP connected to the connection confirmation with the associated MAC address. Your mobile phone has now connected to the 'Simple AP' Wi-Fi-Access-Point of the Receipt Printer.
Set up the printer's Wi-Fi settings using the Epson TM Utility app
- If you are setting up on a mobile phone, open the Epson TM Utility app.
- To select the printer, tap the Printer is not selected field.
- In the Printers window selection, you select the appropriate Epson printer.
- Confirm your selection by tapping the selected printer.
⮕ The overview page opens.
⮕ Your selected printer will be displayed as the current selection.
- Compare the MAC address with your printout.
- In the Epson TM Utility > Wi-Fi Setup Assistant menu, open the Wi-Fi Setup Assistant window.
- Select the TM-P80 printer in the printer field.
- Click on [Next].
⮕ In the Status Check window you can see the current status of your printer.
- Turn your printer off and on again.
- Compare the print result with the example shown in the window.
- Confirm the comparison with [Printed].
- In the following window, Installation temporary profile, click on [Next].
⮕ The view changes to the browser.
- Confirm the message This website is trying to load a configuration profile. Is the website allowed to do that? with [Allow].
- Follow the instructions on the window Tap [Next] to display the settings screen, and then tap [Install].
Setting up the printer's Wi-Fi settings in the browser
- Search for the network Epson Printer on your computer or tablet.
- Enter the password 12345678 (WPA2-PSK).
Setting up the Wi-Fi network via the web interface of the Receipt Printer
If your computer or tablet is connected to the Epson Printer network, you can edit the printer's network settings from the web interface in a browser.
- Open a browser.
- Enter https://192.168.192.168 in the address bar of the browser.
If you get a message that the connection is not secure, you can establish an unsecure connection.
- Log in with the username epson and the password epson.
- Go to Configuration > Network > Wireless.
- Enter the name of your Wi-Fi network in the SSID field.
- Select WPA-PSK (AES) as the Encryption Type.
- Enter the password for your network in the WPA Pre-Shared Key field.
- Confirm the setting with [Send].
- Confirm the settings with [Reset].
⮕ The printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network and prints information about the IP address in the network.
Connecting the printer to the enforeDasher or enforeComet
If you have included the printer and your enforeDasher or enforeComet in the same network, you still need to configure your printer and assign it as a Receipt Printer.
To find out how to connect your printer to your enforeDasher or enforeComet, see our How-To Add a Receipt printer to the enforePOS Business Account.
Connect the printer to the enforeDonner
If you have connected the printer and your enforeDonner to the same network, you still need to configure your printer and assign it as a Receipt Printer. How to connect the printer to your enforeDonner is explained in the How-To Assign Receipt Printer to the enforeDonner.