You have created a sales item and would like to link it to options or option groups? In this How-To, we will use an example to show you how to do this.
Example: the Build To Order sales item Cappuccino will be linked to the Milk option group, allowing customers to choose between cow's milk and different types of plant-based milk.
Link a sales item with options
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Items > Tab Build to Order.
- Select the sales item you want to link with options. ⮕ The sales item details are displayed.
- Switch to the Options tab.
- Tap on [+ Add options].
- Enter the name of the option/option group, such as milk.
- Tap on the options group.The Choose Options window opens.
All options of the group are selected.
- If necessary, deselect options that you do not want to add.
- Tap on .The options are immediately displayed on the product.
- Repeat steps 1-8 if you want to add more options or option groups.
Define options with different tax rates
If you have set a tax rate for your options, and you want the options you added to your product to have a different tax rate than the Build To Order-product, follow these steps:
- Tap on the option.The Edit Option window opens.
- Uncheck the Use tax from parent product option.
- Confirm your changes with .
The tax of the Build to Order sales item must be changed in the settings of the sales item. You will discover in this How-To how to proceed.