Scheduling staff member hours and availability is important to manage the flow of your business. Find out here how to plan your staff members' working hours in detail with the help of a clear representation in order to organize the smooth running of your business day.
If a staff member can be working at multiple locations, the overview will also show you their planned work at the other locations.
In detailed planning, the following values are available, which are displayed in the planning overview using different colors:
- Paid Vacation
- Unpaid Vacation
- Personal Time
- Parental Leave
- Organizational Time
- Child Sick
- You have created staff members
- You have activated the Available for Staff Planning function in the Staff Details tab of the staff member profile.
- Under Business account > User rights > Settings tab in the Personnel planning field, you have set the user rights and/or the authorization level created for this in such a way that you can see the corresponding functions and make settings
Call up personnel planning
- From the POS menu, tap on Business Account > Staff Planning.
⮕ You see the weekly view for the selected location.
1 - Use the buttons in the navigation bar to switch between the view of each week.
2 - If you are authorized to manage multiple sites, you can switch between the sites assigned to you at the top right.
3 - In the bottom bar you can switch between the Day, Week and Month views.
The planning overview is already preset with the regular working time (time availability) indicated in the staff member profile in the Staff Details tab. For staff members without registered time availability, the respective field for the day is initially empty.
Schedule staff members
- For example, you want to schedule staff member Kristen for Jan. 20, 2023? Tap on the empty field for the staff member on 01/20/2023. ⮕ The Change Availability window opens.
- Tap on [Available].
- Specify the availability for the selected staff member in detail.
- If you want to schedule the staff member for the whole day, activate the All day option.
- If you want to use the staff member only for a certain period of time on that day, turn off the All day option. Then set the desired time period.
- Optionally, select additional days for which the specified availability should be applied.
- Tap on [Confirm].The staff member's availability is displayed with a green background in the calendar:
Report staff member sick
A staff member has called in sick at short notice? In enforePOS, you can enter this in the personnel planning and thus announce that the staff member is not reservable at the respective time.
- Tap on the staff member's entry on the respective date (in this example, 01/16/2023).⮕ The Change Availability window opens.
- Tap on [Sickness].
- Select the corresponding time period and tap on [Confirm].
⮕ The subsequently added availability is displayed in the staff planning.
Assign a non-reservable time period to a staff member
- Tap on the name of the staff member for whom you want to set a time period that cannot be reserved. ⮕ The Non-reservable times window opens.
- Tap on [+ Add non-reservable time span...]. ⮕ The Edit time span window opens.
- Select the desired time period here.
- If necessary, specify whether existing reservations can be started.
- Tap on [Complete].⮕ You have set a non-reservable time period for the staff member.
- Tap on [Month] in the bottom bar to get a quick overview of the personnel planning for an entire month with the help of the monthly overview. If a staff member has several entries for availability on one day, this is indicated by a diagonally divided field. More about this in the section Creating multiple entries for availability.
- Tap on [Day] in the lower overview bar. ⮕ The day view shows you your personnel planning in detail for the selected day.
Create multiple entries for availability
You want to create several availability entries for a staff member in a certain period at the same time? E.g. if a staff member takes half a day off? In this section, we'll show you how.
In our example, we create multiple entries in the month view for 01/16/2023 for the staff member Bernd Hansen. From 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. the staff member works regular hours and from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. the staff member has taken a half day off.
- Tap on the respective field of the staff member.The Change Availability window opens.
- Tap on [+ New].
- Select the type of availability. In our example we choose Paid vacation.
- Select the time period.
- Tap on [Confirm] to confirm your entries.The diagonally split field displays several entries for the staff member's availability.