You have unpacked your enforeDonner and want to put it into operation? In this How-To, we will show you the most important points so that you can get started right away.
You operate enforePOS via the integrated touch display of the enforeDonner by tapping and swiping with your finger from top to bottom and vice versa, from left to right and vice versa.
Swipe with your finger from the left side of the screen to the right to display the POS menu. Tap the desired menu item to go to a specific section.
You can use the enforeDonner both for the independent settlement of orders and as a card payment terminal for one or more cash registers. If you want to use the enforeDonner as a card payment terminal, simply lock the screen of the enforeDonner by pressing the power button. This way, your enforeDonner can receive payments from other POS devices and you can settle them directly.
- To switch on your enforeDonner, press the [Power button].
You will find the power button on the right side of the enforeDonner. ⮕ After you have switched on your enforeDonner, you will see a welcome dialog.
- Tap on [Next] to continue with the initial setup.
- Tap on [Accept] to accept the end user license agreement.
⮕ After you have accepted the end user license agreement, you can set up the network connection.
- Tap on [Wi-Fi] to set up a connection via Wi-Fi.
- To establish a network connection, follow the steps below:
- Activate the Wi-Fi function.
- Select the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password for the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on [Next].
⮕ The network connection has been established.
- Tap on [Close] to close the window.
- Now you can sign in. There are three ways to sign in:
- If you already have an enfore Business Account, enter your email address with your password. Then tap on [Log in].
- If you already have an enfore Business Account, enter your username with your password. Then tap on [Log in].
- If you want to create a new enfore Business Account, tap on [Register]. You can find more about registration in the How-To Create New Business Account.
- Select or add a POS location where you want to commission your enforeDonner.
- Give your cash register a name.
- Depending on the context in which you want to use your cash register (Gastro or Sales), choose your cash register type.
- Decide whether you want to use a cash container (e.g. a wallet) with your enforeDonner.
Operate the Cash Register
- In the POS menu, open Sales > Register.
⮕ The separate cash register view is first displayed. The separate cash register view is divided into two pages: the basket view and the sales item selection view. You will find out how to switch to a combined view in the course of this chapter.
If you want to switch between the two views, tap on the [blue line] at the bottom of the screen.If you have already created sales items, you can start cashiering. To learn how to create sales items, see the How-To Overview - Creating a Sales Item.
- Tap the sales items you want to add to the order. ⮕ The sales items are placed in the basket. The current total is displayed at the top.
- Tap on the [blue line] again to see all the sales items that you have placed in the basket.
- Tap on [Take Order] when you have all the sales items you want in your basket.
If you prefer the combined view, in which you can see the basket and the sales item selection at the same time, tap and hold the [blue line] in the lower area.⮕ The combined view is now displayed. Another long tap on the blue line switches back to the separate view.
- Tap on the order switcher at the top right if you want to switch to your active orders. ⮕ The view with the active orders opens. You can now process your active orders.
With the enforeDonner, you can let your guests pay separately. You can create a separate invoice for each guest from a larger order of several people. Follow these steps to split the invoice:
- Swipe left on to display the quick menu in the cash register.
- Tap . ⮕ The Split Settlement window opens.
- Tap longer on the [blue line] in the lower area to get a combined view. ⮕ The upper area displays the order items that have not yet been settled. The current split settlement is displayed in the lower area.
You can switch the display of the areas by tapping briefly on the [blue line].
- Tap the items you want to add to the split settlement in the upper area. ⮕ The items have been added to the split settlement. They are now displayed in the lower area.
To find out what other actions you can perform in the Split Settlement window, see the How-To Split Settlement - Check Out Separately.
- Tap [Pay] to checkout the split settlement. ⮕ The payment process for the split settlement starts. For a list of the different payment options in enforePOS, see Overview - Checkout and Accounting.