Coupons are popular marketing tools used to win new customers or to bring customers back into the shop who haven't made a purchase for a while. With such a voucher, customers receive a one-time discount on an item or purchase, for example.
The following steps show how to create a coupon for a Sales Item tagged Lunch, which will be discounted by 25% for one week after issue.
- The requirement for a customer to be able to redeem a coupon is that their data is recorded during the payment process or selected from the existing customers.
The following steps show you how to create a coupon that links a Sales Item to a specific tag.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Promotions.
- Open the Coupons overview.
- To create a new coupon, tap on [+].
⮕ The Item window opens.
- Select the Sales Item with Tag option.
⮕ The Type window opens.
- In the Discount Coupons area, select the Fixed % discount on the price option.
⮕ The Configuration window opens.
- Enter the name, the day, the result of the coupon and the duration here.
You also specify here whether a customer is required for the issue and redemption and whether this coupon can be issued more than once per customer.
- Click on [Next].
⮕ The Media window opens.
- Tap on [Complete].
⮕ The Edit Coupon window opens.
You can now activate the coupon directly, or save it as a draft and activate it later.
⮕ The coupon has been created and is active.
- Give the coupon to your customers.
Now your customers can take part in this promotion.
Assign a tag to a Sales Item
Now assign the tag Lunch to the desired Sales Items.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Sales Items.
- Select the Sales Item you want.
- Select the Info tab.
- Tap in the Tags field.
- Select the tag Lunch and tap on [Apply].
⮕ The Lunch tag is now assigned to the Sales Item and will be used in combination with the coupon created earlier.