Coupons are popular marketing tools used to win new customers or to bring customers back into the shop who haven't made a purchase for a while. With such a voucher, customers receive a one-time discount on a sales item or purchase, for example.
In this How-To, we explain to you how to create a coupon which will be used with a sales item. To do so, it is crucial to link the coupon as well as the sales item with the tag.
The following steps show how to create a coupon for a Sales Item tagged Tea Time, which will be discounted by 5% for one week after issue.
Create a Coupon
The following steps show you how to create a coupon that links a sales item to a specific tag.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Promotions.
- Open the Coupons overview.
- Tap on to create a new coupon.
- Select the option Sales Item with Tag. ⮕ The Type window opens.
- In the Discount-Driven Coupons section, select Defined % Discount on price. The Configuration window opens.
- Provide the following information:
- Name of the coupon: add a name to the coupon.
- Tag: select here the tag that should be linked to the coupon. You can select an already existing tag or create a new one via [+ Add Tag].
- Discount: specify the percentage discount you want to give.
- Expires: specify when you want the coupon to expire.
- Availability: specify the time periods for availability.
- No customer required to redeem: enable this option if no customer is required for the issue or redemption.
- Can be issued multiple times per customer: activate this option if the coupon can be issued multiple times per customer.
- Optionally restrict the coupon by tapping [+ Limitation].
Here, you can limit the sales channel, the customer, the tags as well as the redemption period.
- Once you are done with all your entries, tap on [Next].
- Optionally add images or descriptions.
- Tap on [Complete]. ⮕ The Edit Coupon window opens. You can see the Coupon Target field that the coupon is linked with the tag Tea Time.
- Tap on [Activate]. ⮕ The coupon is created and active.
- Give out the coupon to your customers. To learn how to issue a coupon to your customers, see the How-To Issue Coupon to Customers.
Assign a tag to a Sales Item
Now assign the tag Tea time to the desired Sales Items.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Sales Items
- Select the sales item you want to assign the tag to.
- Select the Info tab.
- Type in the Tags field.
- Choose the tag you have associated with the coupon. In our example, we choose the tag Tea time.
- Tap on [Apply]. ⮕ The Tea Time tag is now assigned to the sales item and will be applied in combination with the previously created coupon.