Coupons are popular marketing tools used to win new customers or to bring customers back into the shop who haven't made a purchase for a while. With such a voucher, customers receive a one-time discount on a sales item or purchase, for example.
The following steps show how to create a coupon for a Sales Item tagged Tea Time, which will be discounted by 5% for one week after issue.
- You have created a tag in enforePOS
The following steps show you how to create a coupon that links a Sales Item to a specific tag.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Promotions.
- Open the Coupons overview.
- Tap on [+] to create a new coupon.
- Select the option Sales Item with Tag. The Type window opens.
- In the Discount-Driven Coupons section, select Defined % Discount on price. The Configuration window opens.
- Provide the following information:
- Name of the coupon: Add a name to the coupon.
- Tag: Select here the tag that should be linked to the coupon.
- Discount: Specify the percentage discount you want to give.
- Expires: Specify when you want the coupon to expire.
- Availability: Specify the time periods for availability.
- No customer required to redeem: Enable this option if no customer is required for the issue or redemption.
- Can be issued multiple times per customer: Activate this option if the coupon can be issued multiple times per customer.
- Optionally restrict the coupon by tapping [+ Limitation].
Here, you can limit the sales channel, the customer, the tags as well as the redemption period.
- Once you are done with all your entries, tap on [Next].
- Optionally add images or descriptions.
- Tap on [Complete]. The Edit Coupon window opens.
- Tap on [Activate]. ⮕ The coupon is created and active.
- Give out the coupon to your customers. To learn how to issue a coupon to your customers, see the How-To Issue Coupon to Customers.
Assign a tag to a Sales Item
Now assign the tag Lunch to the desired Sales Items.
- From the POS menu, select Sales > Sales Items
- Select the sales item you want.
- Select the Info tab.
- Type in the Tags field.
- Choose the tag you have associated with the coupon. In our example, we choose the tag Lunch.
- Tap on [Apply]. ⮕ The Lunch tag is now assigned to the sales item and will be applied in combination with the previously created coupon.