If you have activated the reservation conditions in the reservation settings on the reservation channel, we will explain to you with an example how your customers can make online reservations and where they can enter their contact details and special requests.
- You allow reservations at your location
- You have set up your resources for reservations
- You have set up an online presence with table reservations
- In the reservation channel, you have activated the conditions Register all Reservation Participants and An address is required for the reservation.
Create an Online Table Reservation with Entry of Contact Details and Special Requests
In our example, you run a restaurant and offer online table reservations to your customers.
A customer wants to reserve a table online today for lunch together with a colleague at 12:00. He would like to make the reservation via the Table reservation tab in your online presence. The customer and his colleague are not yet registered as customers.
To create an online table reservation, your customer follows these steps:
- The customer selects the following areas:
- Location: If you have several branches, meaning several POS locations, the customer can choose here at which location he wants to reserve a table.
- Service: The customer can select your created services here.
- People: The customer specifies the number of people here.
- Time period: The customer selects the desired time period here.
- The customer taps on [Check Availability]. ⮕ The window Step 1: Select a table opens.
- The customer taps on the appropriate time period in the Available Tables section in the column of the desired day of the week.
⮕ The submenu opens.
- The customer selects the desired time.
- The customer taps on [Choose this table].
⮕ The window Step 2: Details opens.
- The customer inserts the following information in the contact details section:
- Name: The customer gives his full name.
- Cell phone number: The customer adds his cell phone number here.
- Email: The customer enters his e-mail address.
- Furthermore, the customer adds his home address in the Address field.
- In the Special Request/Notes section, the customer can submit specific requests along with the table reservation.
Optionally, he can agree to receive emails about offers, events and news.
- The customer taps on [Reserve]. ⮕ The reservation request has been sent together with the special requests.
⮕ In parallel with the display on the online presence, a confirmation e-mail of the reservation request is sent to the e-mail address provided by the customer.
- The customer taps on [Confirm reservation].
⮕ The reservation request is validated.
If one of your customers makes a reservation and is recognized by the system as a customer, the validation of the contact information is omitted.⮕ An e-mail with the confirmation of the reservation including the special requests will be sent.
⮕ In your reservation inbox, the reservation is displayed in the Confirmed area.
The symbol signals that a special request is attached to the reservation. ⮕ The special requests are displayed in the Notes tab of the selected reservation.
Register all Reservation Participants
Together with the reservation confirmation, the customer is offered in the online presence the possibility to enter and register all participants in the reservation.
⮕ Parallel to this, together with the reservation confirmation e-mail, a link will be sent to enable the subsequent invitation together with the registration of the participants.
⮕ In the view of confirmed reservations, all participants of the reservation are displayed.
⮕ The reservation, including the entry of the address and all participants, has been successfully created.