You run a restaurant and offer online table reservations to your customers? In this How-To, you will learn how new customers can make reservations on your online presence, providing their contact information and special requests.
- You have created a table service
- You have created tables as resources and linked them to your table service
- You have set up an online presence with table reservations
- You have activated the option Allow special requests in the Table reservations module
Create an Online Table Reservation
In our example, a customer who is not yet registered with you creates a table reservation online. He would like to reserve a table for breakfast tomorrow at 10:00.
To create an online table reservation, follows these steps:
- Enter the following information on the main page of the online presence in the table reservation section:
- Location: Choose where you want to reserve a table.
- Service: Choose a table service.
- Persons: Enter the number of people.
- Time range: Select the desired time period.
- Click on [Check Availability].
⮕ The window Step 1: Choose a table opens.
- In the Available Tables section, click on the desired time in the row of the desired day of the week.
- Click on [Choose This Table].
⮕ The window Step 2: Details opens.
- The customer inserts the following information in the Contact section:
- Name: Enter your full name.
- Mobile number: Add your mobile number here.
- Email address: Enter your email address.
- Specify certain wishes or comments in the Special instruction area.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
Optionally, you can agree to receive emails about offers, events and news.
- Click on [Reserve].
⮕ The reservation request has been sent together with the special requests.
⮕ In parallel with the display on the online presence, a confirmation e-mail of the reservation request is sent to the email address provided by the customer.
- Click on [Confirm Reservation] in the email.
⮕ The reservation is confirmed.
If you have made a reservation before and are therefore recognized as a customer, the validation of the contact information is not required. Thus, the reservation does not need to be confirmed.⮕ An email with the confirmation of the reservation including the special requests will be sent.
⮕ In your reservation inbox in the POS menu under Reservations > Inbox, the reservation is displayed in the Confirmed area.
The symbol signals that a special request is attached to the reservation.
⮕ The special requests are displayed in the Notes tab of the selected reservation.