The Modules tab of your online sales channel gives you an overview of which modules you have already activated for your online presence. Here you can also add more modules. In this How-To, we will show you how to add the Product Catalog module.
Create Product Catalog
- In the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Channels.
- Select your online sales channel in the left column.
- Switch to the Modules tab.
- Tap on [+ Add Module] to open the list of available modules. ⮕ The Available Modules window opens.
- Select the Product Catalog module.
- Tap [Confirm]. ⮕ The Product Catalog module has been added to the modules of your online presence.
Product Catalog Module
The Product Catalog module consists of the Module Settings and the POS locations and Product Lists tabs.
- Tap .⮕ The window with the module settings opens.
- In the Product Catalog field, you can rename the product catalog.
- Choose how you want your product catalog to be displayed in the Product Layout area.
In the Display Mode field you can choose between Tiles, Cards or List.
- Specify whether the filter bar should be displayed. To do this, activate the Show Filter Bar option.
- Confirm your selection with .
POS locations Tab
This tab displays the POS locations for which you can create and display a product catalog.
You create the product catalog separately for each of your POS locations.
- To add a product catalog for a POS location, tap on [+ Add POS locations]. ⮕ The Add POS location window opens.
- Select here the POS locations for which you want to create a product catalog.
- Confirm the selection with [Add]. ⮕ The selection of POS locations is displayed in the product catalog overview.
Edit Product Catalog Settings for a POS location
- Tap the POS location you want to edit. ⮕ The window for editing the POS location opens.
Product Catalog Standalone Header
In the Header field you define how the header of your product catalog is displayed in standalone mode.
If you activate the standalone mode, only your product catalog will be displayed in the browser. The other modules of your online presence such as Home and/or Reservations will not be displayed.
Learn how to display your product catalog in standalone mode on a tablet here.
Learn how to create a QR code that your customers can use to access the product catalog in standalone mode here.
- To make settings for the header, tap in the Header field. ⮕ The window with the header settings opens.
- In the Logo Alignment field, choose between Left, Center, and Right.
- In the Add a Hex Color Value field, specify the color of the header.
To specify the color of the header, you need to enter the HTML color code in hexadecimal value. Sites like https://html-color-codes.info/webfarben_hexcodes/ will help you determine the color value.
- In the Images section, upload photos for the logo and the banner that you want to display in the standalone mode of the product catalog.
- Tap [Save] to apply the settings.
In the Main Navigation section, you can define the order in which the sales categories or product lists are displayed in the main navigation of your shop.
- To add sales categories or product lists, tap the Sales Categories or Product Lists field. ⮕ The Sales Categories or Product Lists window opens.
- Tap [+ Add Sales Categories or Product Lists].
- Enter the name of an already created sales category.
- Tap on the sales category to add it.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 for all sales categories you want to add.
- To adjust the order, tap on and move the entry to the desired position.
- Tap on [Confirm] to apply your settings.
Title Page Images
Select here the images you want to display as hero images on the front page of your product catalog. If you select more than one image here, your customer can swipe through the images.
- To upload title page images, tap on [+].
- Use Google Search or upload a title page image from your local hard drive (using your Windows or MacOS client).
Make sure to use only your own or royalty-free downloaded images.
- Tap on the loaded image to apply it.
Title Page Settings
In the Title Page Settings section you can add the following information:
- Name of title page: Enter the name of your title page here.
- Introduction text of the title page: Write a short introductory text to your title page to give your customers a first impression of your business.
- Top sales categories or product lists: In this field, add your top sales categories or product lists that you want to showcase on your title page.
- Top Products: Add your top products here to show your customers which sales items are being sold or ordered the most.
- Highlight-Tag: With the highlight tag, you can tag individual sales items to promote them on your front page.
- Tap [Save] to apply the changes.⮕ The window for editing the POS location closes. You have successfully created a product catalog for the POS location.
View Product Catalog Title Page in the Browser
Here's what your product catalog title page looks like in the browser as part of your online presence:
Product Lists Tab
In the Product Lists tab, you create the product lists that you want to display in your product catalog.
- To create a product list, tap [+ Create Product List].⮕ The Create Product List window opens.
- Give the product list a name.
- Add an icon to the product list.
- Choose a color for the product list.
- Add a short description and/or a more detailed description and confirm your entries with .
- Tap on [Create List] to apply the settings. ⮕ The product list is displayed in the Product Lists tab.
- Tap on your product list to add sales items to the list.
- Tap on [+ Add Product].
- Enter the name of your sales item.
- Tap on the sales item to add it to the product list. ⮕ You have successfully added the sales item to the product list.
- Repeat steps 8 - 10 for all sales items you want to add.