The device management in enforePOS not only helps you to integrate additional devices into your Business Account and to configure your devices, but also manages the status messages of your devices.
If a device is currently not available, this will be indicated to you. In our example, we are trying to issue a receipt using a currently unavailable receipt printer. In this case, enforePOS displays a warning indicating that the printer is unavailable.
In addition to information on whether a device is available, various detailed status information is also evaluated for connected Receipt Printers.
Possible status information are:
- Printer is available (online)
- Printer currently unavailable (offline)
- A problem with the paper supply at the Printer
- The paper roll is almost used up
- Printer is out of paper
- The Printer lid is open
- Paper cutter error
- The Print head has overheated
- Print head error
- A memory problem has occurred with the Printer
- A problem with the supply power has occurred
Not all Printers support all the above-mentioned status information.
Further information on Receipt, Label and Page Printers can be found in our How-To External devices compatible with enforePOS..