You want your cash register to remain secure and locked at all times when you are away? In enforePOS you have the possibility to lock your screen manually as well as automatically.
- You have logged in to enforePOS
Lock Screen Manually
If you want to lock your screen manually, you don't need to make any settings. If you need to leave your cash register, you can lock your screen manually before you leave. Proceed as follows:
- Tap Lock Screen in the POS menu.
⮕ You have successfully locked your screen.
Lock Screen Automatically
If you want your screen to lock automatically after a certain period of inactivity, make the following settings:
- In the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Settings.
- Switch to the Device Usage tab.
- In the Screen Lock section, tap the Automatically After field.⮕ The selection menu opens.
- Select the period of inactivity after which your screen should lock automatically. Your choices range from 15 seconds to 2 hours.
In our example we choose 1 minute. ⮕ You have successfully activated the automatic screen lock. Now your screen will be locked automatically after one minute of inactivity.
- Optionally, you can require a password or PIN entry from the logged-in staff member. To do this, activate the option Password required if no PIN.⮕ By activating the Password required if no PIN option, your staff member will be asked for a PIN when unlocking the screen if they have already set a staff member PIN. If they have not set a staff member PIN, they will be asked for their password.
To unlock your screen, you just need to enter your password or PIN:
- To unlock your screen, tap .
⮕ If the Password required if no PIN option is deactivated, no password or PIN is required. By tapping you have successfully unlocked your screen.
⮕ If the Password required if no PIN option is activated, you will be asked for your password if you have not set a staff member PIN.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Confirm your input with [Login].⮕ You have successfully unlocked your screen with your password.
⮕ If you have set a staff member PIN, you will be asked for your staff member PIN.
- Enter your staff member PIN in the yellow field.
- Confirm your input with [Confirm].⮕ You have successfully unlocked your screen with your staff member PIN.