A cash register that has been taken out of service can be put back into service with a new identity. In this How-To, we will show you how to do this.
To put the cash register you took out of service back into operation, proceed as follows:
- Connect the enforePOS device without cash register function.
- Start the enforePOS device.
- In the Login window, choose whether you want to log in with your email address or with your username and password.
- Enter your credentials.
- Tap on [Login].
- Choose for which POS location you want to set up your enforePOS device.
- Tap [Do not set up a cash register].
- Tap [Restore Existing Device].
- Select the cash register you want to put back into operation.
- Tap [Complete].
- From the POS menu, open the Sales module.
- Tap the [Create new register] button below the notice. ⮕ The Setup Cash Register window opens.
- Enter the following data:
- Cash register name: Enter the name of the register here.
- Cash register type: Specify here whether the cash register is a Sales or Gastro register.
- Sales type: Specify the sales type of the register (Over the Counter, Pickup, Delivery) here.
- Tap on [Next].
- If your enforePOS device has a cash container, tap [Cash Drawer]. If not, tap on [No Cash Management]. In our example, we choose the cash drawer.
- Tap [Complete].
- To be able to use the cash register, tap on [Start business day]. You have successfully put your cash register back into service.
After recommissioning, the following happens or is necessary:
- The Z-reports start again at 1.
- In the DATEV export, the decommissioning is reported when carrying out a cash withdrawal. The DATEV export continues to be recorded.
- Both the invoices and the order numbers start again at 1.
- Device gets a new device number and/or identifier.
- A new TSE license is required for recommissioning.
- The cash must be re-entered, since the cash balance cannot be transferred from the previous cash register (old identity).
- Add another enforePOS device as a cash register to your business account
- Set up an enforePOS Device with a Cash Register Function as a Cash Register in your Business Account
- Replacing an enforePOS device with a cash register function to your on your business account
- Add another enforePOS device without cash register function to your business account