In enforePOS you create sales items without variants (Inventory, Build to Order, Voucher or Virtual Product) that you can add as variants to a variant group. If you have not yet created the variant as a sales item, you can add a new sales item. If you have already created the variant as a sales item, you can link the existing sales item.
- You have created a variant group
To add variants to your variant group, do the following:
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Items.
- Tap on the Variant Group tab.
- Select the variant group to which you want to add variants.
Create New Sales Item
In our example, we want to offer jeans in different sizes and colors. We have already created the Jeans variant group.
Below, we add a new sales item as a variant to the Jeans variant group. To do this, we first create the sales item Jeans 36 Blue, to which we then add the feature Size with the feature value 36 and the feature Color with the feature value Blue.
- Tap on [New Sales Item] in the variant group.
Alternatively, tap on in the upper right corner and select Create new Sales Item from the submenu.⮕ The Define Type of Sales Item window opens.
- Select which type of sales item you want to create. In our example we choose Inventory.
⮕ The Create Variant window opens.
- Enter the following information or set the following functions in the Identity step:
- Name: Give a name to the variant.
- Brand (if inventory sales item): Assign a brand name for the variant.
- Article ID: Assign an article number for the variant.
- EAN: Assign an EAN number for the variant.
- Use for production (if inventory sales item): Activate this function if you want to use the sales item for production.
- Production Tag (if BTO sales item): Assign a production tag to the sales item.
- Tap on [Next].
- Enter the following information and set the following functions in the Sale step:
- Sales Unit: Define a sales unit for the sales item.
- Price: Set the sales price per unit.
- Sales Category: Determine to which sales category the sales item belongs.
- Sales Types: Define the sales type of the sales item (Over the Counter, Pickup, Delivery).
- Sales Channels: Specify here the sales channels where the sales item will be sold.
- Available for Sales: Activate this function to offer the sales item for sale.
- Tap on [Next].
- In the Features step, tap on [+ Feature] to assign a feature to the variant.
Features are properties that distinguish variants of a sales item. This allows for a more targeted search of variants. Such features can be, for example, size or color.
- Enter a name for the feature in the Add feature... field. In our example we enter Jeans Size.
If the feature does not exist, follow steps 9-14 and then proceed to step 18. If the feature already exists, proceed to step 15.
- If the feature does not exist, tap on Create new Feature.
⮕ The Create Feature window opens.
- Select the desired feature type. In our example we choose Size.
- Select the feature unit. In our example we choose Numeric.
- Type a feature value. In our example, we choose the dress size 36.
- Confirm with
- Tap on [Save].
- If the feature already exists, select the feature from the list.
⮕ The Select Feature Value window opens.
- Select the desired feature value. In our example, we select the already created feature value 36. Alternatively, you can also create a new feature value via [+ Add Abstract Value].
- Tap on [Use Feature Value].
- Add other features to the variant if necessary. In this example, we have additionally added the feature Color with the feature value Blue to our variant. You can find out how to create color features here.
- Tap on [Create].
⮕ You have created the variant within the variant group.
If desired, add additional features and feature values to the variant.
You have the option to remove the variant from the variant group. This turns the removed variant into a sales item. To learn how to do this, see the How-To Remove Variants from a Variant Group.
Link existing Sales Items
If you have already created sales items that you want to add to the variant group as variants, do the following:
- Tap on [Link Sales Items] in the variant group.
Alternatively, tap on in the upper right corner and select Add existing Sales Items in the submenu.⮕ The Select Sales Items window opens.
- Select one or more sales items.
In our example, we add the already existing sales items Jeans 36 blue, Jeans 38 blue and Jeans 38 blue to the variant group Jeans.
- Tap on [Confirm]. ⮕ You have added the selected sales items as variants to the variant group.
An existing sales item that you have assigned as a variant to your variant group will no longer appear as a single sales item in your sales items. You can remove a variant from the variant group. This turns the removed variant into a sales item again. To learn how to do this, see the How-To Remove Variants from a Variant Group.
- Tap on a variant to add features to the variant.
⮕ The detailed view of the variant opens.
- Tap on the Features tab.
- Tap on [+ Feature].
- Enter a name for the feature in the Enter Feature Name field. In this case we enter Size.
- Add the feature to the variant. To do this, follow steps 9-14 (if you are creating a new feature) or steps 15-18 (if you are adding an already created feature) in the Create New Sales Item section.
In our example, we have assigned the feature Size with the feature value 36 to the variant Jeans.
- Tap on to close the variant detail view.
- Create Variant Group
- Add Browsing Features to a Variant Group
- Customize Variant Order according to Preferred Sales Items
- Add Multiple Variants to a Variant Group at once (Bulk create)
- Remove Variants from a Variant Group
- Add More Feature Values to Variants
- Filter by Browsing Features in the Cash Register