Do you run a restaurant and want your staff to be able to see the ingredients of your drinks or food in the cash register? With enforePOS, this is possible.
In order to view the components of a sales item in the cash register, you need to do the following:
- Add a description to the sales item.
- Add this description to the product details configuration that you apply to the corresponding sales item.
In this How-To, we will show you how to do this in enforePOS using an example.
Add Description to a Sales Item
To add a description to a sales item, proceed as follows:
- From the POS menu, open Sales > Sales Items.
- Select the sales item you want to add a description to. In our example we choose Caipirinha.
- Tap on the Info tab.
- Tap on the Description field.
- Enter the ingredients of the sales item.
- Tap on .⮕ You have added components to the sales item in the form of a description.
Add Description to a Product Details Configuration
To add the created description to a product details configuration, proceed as follows:
- Open Business Account > Configurations in the POS menu.
- Tap on the Product Presentation overview.
- Switch to the Product Details tab.
- If you have already created a product details configuration that you want to apply to the corresponding sales item, tap on the configuration and proceed to step 8.
In our example, we select the Product Details Cocktails configuration, which we apply to all sales items in the Cocktails sales category (the sales item Caipirinha belongs to the sales category Cocktails).
- If you have not yet created a configuration for product details, tap [+ Add Configuration]. ⮕ The New Product Details Configuration window opens.
- Enter the following information:
- Please enter a name...: Assign a name for the configuration.
- Background Mode: The background mode determines which background color will be used to frame the product image in the product details in the cash register view. Choose between Light and Dark here.
- Categories: Select the sales categories to which you want to apply the configuration.
In our case, we choose the Cocktails sales category.
- Sales Items: Select here the sales items to which you want to apply the configuration.
Since we have selected the Cocktails sales category in our example, all 5 sales items in this sales category, including Caipirinha, are already preselected. Therefore, we do not need to select the Caipirinha sales item again here.
- Add Description: Optionally add a description for the configuration here.
- Tap on .⮕ The New Product Details Configuration window closes.
⮕ You are in the editing window for your new product details configuration.
- Tap on [+ Add section].
In case of an already existing configuration, tap on to change the name, enter a description, set the background mode and assign the sales categories and sales items.⮕ The Create new Section window opens.
- Choose the section type Text.
- Tap on the Please enter a name... field.
- Give a name to the section.
In the Content field, the Long Description content type is preselected. This will cause the ingredients you previously specified in the Description field to be displayed in the product details. In our case, these are the ingredients of Caipirinha.
- Tap on [Complete].⮕ The Create new Section window closes. The section has been added to your product details configuration.
- Save your entries with .⮕ You have added the description to your product details configuration. Now you can display the components of your sales item in the cash register. You will learn how to do this in the following section.
Show Description of a Sales Item in the Cash Register
- Open your cash register.
- In the cash register, tap on the sales item whose components you want to view.
⮕ The sales item is added to the basket.
- Tap on the sales item in the basket.
Alternatively, you can swipe from right to left on the sales item in the cash register and then tap . Note that this only works if the tab in your sales item navigation is not a manual grid. For more information about the different tabs you can add to your sales item navigation, read this How-To.⮕ The Product Configuration window opens.
- Tap on .
⮕ The Product Details window opens.
⮕ The components of the sales items are displayed.